Our latest Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report details what we have been doing in the last year to control environmental impacts, support communities around our airports, engage with our colleagues and provide benefits to businesses in the regions we serve. It outlines our progress against our targets and provides case studies on some of our projects.
Some of the highlights we reported on this year include:
- Achieving energy savings of over 5,347 MWh through our innovative energy reduction programmes. Manchester Airport is on-track to reduce total site energy use by 25%.
- Donating over £173,000 to local community groups from our Community Trust Funds
- Our Colleagues clocking up 6300 hours volunteering on projects in the local communities including mentoring at schools and environmental projects.
- Securing an Employer Ownership Grant of £1.3 million which will be used to fund employability projects over the next 2 years.
- Investing in the next generation of our workforce through an extensive support programme to local schools, including attendance schemes, mentoring and online education resources.
- Further development of our health and safety systems, with Manchester, East Midlands and Bournemouth all achieving OHSAS 18001.
- Developing our workforce – 1,611 employees have carried out 16,940 hours of web based training, including a new environmental module.