Vehicle and Equipment Standards for Operating Airside
All vehicles and trailed equipment operating airside at Manchester Airport must be maintained and inspected in accordance with CAA CAP 790 Airside Safety Management and VOSA Regulations.
A maintenance system whilst important will not on it’s own ensure quality maintenance is obtained. Effective management of the operator’s fleet by persons competent to do so will provide the best method of quality control.
The documents on the right include:
- The minimum requirements for the maintenance and operation of vehicles/equipment airside at Manchester Airport
- CAP 642 Vehicle Inspection items
- Inspection sheets for self certified companies/Towed Equipment/Daily Walk round checks
- ANNEX 1 CAP 642 SAFETY INSP FORM
- CAP 642 SELF CERTIFICATION AGREEMENT APPLICATION FORM
- ANNEX 3 VEHICLE DAILY WALKROUND INSPECTION CHECK LIST
- ANNEX 2 CAP642 SAFETY INSPECTION FORM FOR TOWED EQUIPMENT
- CAP 642 SUPPLEMENTARY VEHICLE INSPECTION ITEMS
- VEHICLE AND EQUIPMENT STANDARDS FOR OPERATING AIRSIDE AUGUST 2015 V1