Manchester Airport (MAN / EGCC) is the gateway to the North of England and is ideally situated to efficiently serve Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Handling in excess of 20 million passengers the airport is served by many of the world’s leading carriers offering direct connectivity to important economies around the world.
The World Freight Terminal at Manchester Airport is a purpose built site offering a combination of advantages to service providers in the air cargo and logistics supply chain. By providing the facilities, experience and expertise to handle all types of air cargo 24/7, the World Freight Terminal has expanded to meet the needs of importers and exporters from across the UK. Currently handling around 100,000 tonnes of import and export freight and mail a year, carried in both passenger aircraft and freight only aircraft, the World Freight Terminal has capacity for further growth.
The Airport’s Master Plan also makes provisions for long-term future development of air cargo facilities, and work has already commenced on World Logistics Hub, part of the wider £650m Airport City project. But just as important is the market available for the air cargo industry to exploit. With a population of almost 7 million inhabitants and 230,000 companies, the economy of the North West of England is larger than some European countries.
Manchester’s Cargo facilities
- Two 3,000m+ runways offering full CATIIIb capability
- 60,000 square metres of warehouse and office space
- Located adjacent to Junction 6 of the M56 motorway to offer direct access to the UK’s main north/south motorway, the M6
- A choice of industry leading and independent cargo handling companies: Dnata, Servisair Cargo, Swissport Cargo, and WFS.
- EU approved Border Inspection Post facilities
- Chilled storage facilities
- Capability to handle several wide-body freighter aircraft simultaneously
- Ability to handle outsize freight
- Around 100 logistics solutions providers, freight forwarders and agents located on site or close by the airport.
Head of Cargo
Key Account Manager