East Midlands Cargo
East Midlands Airport (EMA / EGNX) is the UK’s busiest ‘pure’ cargo airport and second only to London-Heathrow in terms of total cargo. It handles around 300,000 tonnes of flown cargo each year. EMA is the UK hub for DHL, TNT and UPS, and is the UKs main air hub for Royal Mail.
With ample room to grow, the airports thriving cargo facilities are expanding to meet the demands of importers and exporters from across the UK. Accommodating the largest freight and passenger aircraft, East Midlands supports cargo logistics round the clock, with the following benefits:
- Intercontinental Cat IIIb 2893m / 9492ft runway
- 24 hour operations with no slot restrictions
- Excellent good weather record
- Central UK location adjacent to the UK motorway network with over 89% of England and Wales within a 3 to 4 hour truck drive-time.
- Frequent scheduled air cargo truck services to all major UK airports
- Broad on-site cargo community
- Five airside cargo terminals offering over 650,000 sq. ft of undercover cargo processing area
- Over 2 million sq. ft of dedicated cargo apron/ramp space with handling capability for multiple AN124s / B747Fs / 777Fs
- Interline non-stop cargo connections to major cities throughout Europe and North America
- Experienced in the handling of the world’s cargo aircraft, including the AN-225, B747-8F.
- A380 approved
- Specialists in the handling of “outsize” cargo
- EU listed Border Inspection Post for animal products
- Revolutionary pricing structure to benefit cargo aircraft operators
- “Freighter Friendly” airport management
Head of Cargo
Key Account Manager